Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seagull Photo Shoot 1/4/09


Jerry has come up with a great idea for a photo shoot on Sunday Jan 4, 2009. Here's the info from Jerry:

I have heard that the gulls are back in FORCE on Lake Erie. Right at the east 72nd st exit of I-90.
I'm going to head up on Sunday this weekend (Jan 4th).
If others have interest let me know. We could car pool up or meet there.

Here is a link to abstract images I shot back in Feb 2008:

Jerry's Gull Photos

I'm hoping to catch even better abstract ideas this year. This is a great place to practice panning with birds in flight. You can practice all day long if you wish. The birds are literally non stop.

The weather forecast for Sunday morning looks to be cold (20 F ish). The lake can be very cold with wind. Also the ice in the parking lots can be brutal. I vividly recall in Feb nearly falling down just getting out of my car.

But if you want to go, let me know.

I'm thinking of trying to get to the lake shore around 10:30am. We should have overcast skies, so really any time is probably ok. I'm figuring by 10:30am we should have more light to shoot.

Hope to see you this weekend.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Jerry

If you plan on going Email Jerry

NOTE: Due to rainy weather predicted for Sunday, some of us are going to head down on Saturday January 3rd instead. Use your best judgement to decide what day you want to go. Check the weather forecasts on the right side of this blog for the latest weather updates.

When: Sunday January 4, 2009 10:30am  
Where: E 72 St.


GPS Coordinates:
Lat 41.53955
Long -81.63907



To get directions from your location click on the camera icon:

View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. Ron, if you plan to go again, let me know when. Right now I'm healing from a sprained ankle. But I'd love to go.

    ReplyDelete